Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Such a Lame Ass

Not you. The lame ass is my now ex-Travel Buddy.My travel buddy was one of my colleagues. Actually,now that i think about it, why the hell did he want to come along.
I went to see this gig by a band called The Bravery. They are from NYC.

The lame ass person was so annoying. I had booked us the bus tickets, the rooms and got the gig tickets. Since i was busy with a presentation i asked him to book the tickets back to KL cos i had a locum lined up. He didn't do it and he didn't tell me. Arghhhhh.

Plus,being too egotistical he didn't tell me he had no clue how to get to our hostel. After we got lost and wasted an hour roaming around,i had enough. I hailed a cab and we got there in 20 minutes but had sadly lost our booking. Blegh.So,instead of spending some time sightseeing or chilling at a nice cafe we had to trawl around Singapore looking for different bus companies that went to KL.

Of course, since we lost the hostel booking,i just went to the nearest hostel.
My travel buddy wasn't pleased-a hostel?. On top of a bar?. With stinky backpackers?. Good grief man.
The good bit was that it was a great gig. If i closed my eyes,i could just imagine it was Robert Smith on stage instead. It was a rather intimate gig-enclosed open air venue facing the harbour. Mostly underaged kids (half of them looked to be 14 years old once you wiped off the make-up) and then some oldies like me. The oldest was probably the manager of our hostel-who went right up to the front and started moshing as if it was a hardcore show.

I was bloody cranky with all the mess. Especially with my travel buddy's Never Say Can attitude. God forbid,never will i travel with a heterosexual male again unless it's Dan C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»