Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sleeping Around

sleeping around
Nacht. i had to have a provoking subject title!.The best part of being on night shifts is that i don't have to worry where to sleep at night. The bad part is,like a vampire, i have to figure out where to hide during the day. Sometimes i sleep in the hospital.Sometimes at a friend's place.

Tomorrow,who knows?. One of my med students kindly gave me a spare key to her room in the event that i don't have anywhere to sleep. If i was in Canada,i'd sleep in my car. In fact it was okay-i did it when i went to Montreal for the Jazz Fest. In malaysia,it's fucking warm and freaking mozzies eat you alive. PLus, most people are freaking busybodies and will think nothing of trying to arrest you for suspicious behaviour. This is true.In fact,one of the most stupidest things was when i was stopped on the highway recently. Why?. Cos i was a female travelling alone. My road tax-legit. Hospital ID right in your face. IC-legit. But he still wanted my driver's license. The cop was like-where are you heading,so i say KL. Then i say i work there and was visiting a friend in these parts. I get bored with the whole situation, gesture to my white coat, ER uniform and hospital ID and say-what's the problem then?. He lets me go.What is it with these lame males?. Hello, it's 2005, since i have an education,work fairly hard-harder than most guys anyway, i have a decent life. Of course,i'm temporarily homeless but that shall be rectified.


WHy is it weird for me to travel alone?. I hate having to look over my shoulder to see if anyone's following. I hate being scared that people will just show up and harrass me at work. It's not right. It's tiring. It's demeaning. If i was a cop i'd stop single Malay males who look around 20-30 esp in the east coast. Why?. A lot of those young dudes are heavily into drugs. Fact is, in small port towns along the east coast the main group affected by HIV/AIDS are hetero malay males who work as fishermen. A buddy who works there commented on this phenomenon. You get a lot of transmission from these guys to their wives/mistresses/etc...Gee,and the east coast folks are supposed to be so pious.

No comments: