Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Mad weekend

(this time last year Sept 27 2004)

Sometimes,i think my life is comparable to those Spanish language telenovelas.

Improbable, absurd and overly emotionally dramatic.
When these "episodes" occur,what i think should be something mundane and typical turns into a generation defining argument and catastrophe. Lol. I guess i can never say my life is boring eh?


I got in a bit late on Saturday night. About 1 a.m. (which previously i would have only started partying :P) and was absolutely exhausted. I had gotten up at 0530 to go to work. Shift was tense with one BID (brought in dead) customer. unfortunately for us big boss was there so we had to bring out the cardiac pump. I mean he collasped an hour prior so it was definitely bloody hard trying to get blood to circulate again. The pump is an eeeevil machine. It acts like a vacuum pump so when you pull it up,you suck in all the blood from the peripheries into the chest cavity ..thus into the heart. We had intubated him,so air exchange was good.What wasn't good was boss man yelling for us to put our back into it.Fucking hell man. I'd only gotten off work at 0100 and had less than 5 hours sleep. I was so fucked. I was compressing the guy's chest so hard that my bracelets cut into my skin.(this happens regularly)


Anyway,i was pretty happy to get off said shift and go shopping!. Dan B (hello surf bro) was in town so we hit a few malls. And managed to catch Police Story with Jackie Chan and super-hottie Daniel Wu. Wu-man is like absolutely hot. I mean,he just gets better looking each year. I think he is my new celebrity crush.Hahaha. We tried this really really good Turkish restaurant over on Asian Heritage Row after the movie. The restaurant's called Saray (palace) .A dinner for two with massive pigging out was damn cheap!.


So this sounds like it's a good weekend so far eh?. Nope. Get back in at 0100h.Realize i've misplaced my handphone. Gran's waiting up,i feel very guilty and apologize because i wanted to call her and tell i was gonna be late...barely slept when gran knocks on my door. She says i need to look at something. So i go to the back and gran's pointing at the loo.

She says "is this blood?"Fucking hell it's a lot of blood. I'm so tired but i'm a bit worried. She doesn't tell you things so i start to ask..how many times?.since when?. Hustle her out of the house and we go to the ER.Dad's like "why don't you go in and see what you can do?". I'm like no.there's no need because i'd only be in the way of the other doctor who's treating my gran.I'm not gonna go disturb him now. Anyhow.since mum was already in i didn't see the point.


Dad was insistent but i said i had to be polite and respect the other doctor doing his job.Then mum calls me in,quel surprise it's my colleague from work doing a locum. i take mum out of the room cos he's gonna examine gran. My pal calls me in,shows me the glove and it's soaked with blood. It's an UGIB and i freak out inside. I'm really worried gran's gonna die. Then,he says that gran needs to go to ICU.I head out to the waiting area as he's gonna put a line in.

I start explaining things when dad starts in on me. He say's "your gran didn't tell you earlier because you're too harsh and not soft enough with older people,u don't know how to respect older people, in fact you even said your mom was a busybody for going in".

I was near tears then so i just said,i said it would be me that's the busybody if i did indeed go in. And he still scolded me in front of well,everyone in the ER. I was unashamedly crying and i just walk out.Walking out is the best feeling in the world.I go home. Pick up the kids.call all the relevant ppl who need to know this-my aunts and uncles.

Deal with all the phone calls. Need to not be upset because dad's being stroppy with me..so i go out and have a nice civilised breakfast with dan in Telawi Street Bistro before work. Drop him off at Midvalley,get to work early and realize..i'm so tired. Chat with my other boss and start the grind again.When i get off work,i'm stuck in freaking downpour..have just enough time to pray and shower before going to the hospital again.It's safe cos mom and dad have left.....

Hmmm,the drama's there, the locales are there,let Nelly Furtado act as me anddd we've got a hit series!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»