Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

passing,cruising,not really settling in the moment

passing

Current mood: optimistic

Music:
gus gus Ladyshave,
Saint Etienne,
Outkast-Prototype..yeah baby it's all chillout now
The Strokes:The End Has No End
Faultline-Your Love Means Everything
The Killers-Midnight Show

I feel soo much better now. Whacked some nasi lemak and hey presto;nagging headache has gone away.

Post nights are always blurred around the edges. It was one of the busiest shifts i've done. We had patients coming in non-stop from the time i started until about 5 a.m. I couldn't keep my eyes open out of sheer exhaustion. Between 1-3 a.m. i had the pleasure of having 2 trauma cases roll in.We couldn't save either one. One was a young military recruit. Freak accident,he slipped and fell whilst trying to climb into his apartment. He fell 7 flights,from the ninth floor to the second. The second case was a middle aged man of indeterminate ethnicity who was a hit and run victim. Both i had to call it after the team determined their injuries were too severe. Basically they were both brought in dead and because of their injuries there was no chance of us getting them back.

The last case was a straightforward ACS. I was relieved to get that over with but a druggie shows up trying to get some pethidine (a narcotic painkiller). I didn't want to just dismiss his acting as drug-seeking behaviour since it could just be over-exaggeration of symptoms. The blood investigations all proved me right though and after i explained to him i didn't hand out narcotics he left.

Got home at 9 a.m. and passed out until 3. Sigh. There goes another day.
I am pretty happy though about how my hair has turned out!. It's suuuuper curly-all in little ringlets,wild and dancing. It's fun. I like having it this way,a near afro:P. It just suits my personality better. I may get it coloured next week,we'll have to see. I normally have it done in pretty way out there colours-red, purple or honey highlights. I'd really like blue hair but it's damn hard because all my patients are pretty old and they don't understand a very important fact: Blue coloured hair does not equal poor medical skills.

Surprisingly, a NYC bloke has gotten in touch with me. I don't know if he's just looking for new material for his writing or if he's really interested in just getting to know moi. Writers are rather dangerous. If i were a writer;i would relish in revenge through my writing. I'd like to incite crowds. Create an uproar. Get people off their asses and just Out and About. I'm not a writer but i think that's a wonderful talent to have. For said bloke,my past experiences have made me too careful. More's the pity for him.

I decided to change my photo again as i'm getting rather dodgy men sending me messages. I found out that instead of crying in the car it's better to Sing Out Loud and ignore stares. It's raining all the time and i love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»