Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Perilously Persnickety

can you spell persnickety?


Current mood: amused

Does it even exist?. I love the way it sounds. It's less offensive than picky,choosy or selective. There's a certain charm to it. I believe,my dears, that i am dreadfully persnickety.

Let's see for fun i've tried Speed Dating-20 men and not one i'd like to date. I blamed the selection- mostly of one ethnic group, mostly businessmen or engineers,no one taller than me.So sad. I had a lot of "yes" that i said "no" to. Actually maybe i said Eeeek.

Umm online personals?. Does Myspace count?. hehehe. Anyhow, MSN tried-met Dan-chan who's sarcastic and charming and i'd take him anywhere i go to trawling so he can scare off pervs for me. Alas, dating it is not. All the other guys,what about em?. Mostly all the ads proclaim "what a hot catch i am". Sigh.

Hmmm, Tickle matchmaking-umm so far they've stunk. Every week i receive emails saying "Your matches for this week". Sadly, they don't turn me on at all personality wise.

Now, my girl in KV has been having fantastic luck with Bust.com personals. So i thought why not give it a try?. Ummpph. Hit the match button and it's sorry no matches. It's simultaneously sad and funny. When i go through the ads; most people would just like someone close by. Funnily,all the interesting dudes i've noticed so far all live in NYC.

I guess the only reason i try once in a while is because i'm trying to be more "openminded" about actually putting myself out there. At least when questioned i can actually say;but look here!.I've put in some effort . In reality, i don't think i'm ready to commit to anyone for a very long time. And that's not fair is it?. Nope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view