Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

getting Lean for Life

Lean for Life


I'm sitting here with a pedometer strapped to my waist,waiting for my next patient to arrive. It's day 10 of my Lean for Life program. Basically, OCD-semi perfectionist that i am,i finally decided i had to have some control over my weight.

OKay,so i'm not fat. I've been curvy since high school-the twig with hips and a bust. Unfortunately,i've also got shoulders as broad as any swimmer and meannness to boot. It's time to downsize a few dress sizes and eat for health now.Seriously, before this,i thought i ate pretty well.


However, once you are back in Malaysia you don't have much control over what goes in your mouth. It's so easy to get fast food anywhere,anytime. In fact,if you are a doctor it's so easy to fall into the whole convenience diet thing. Convenient foods are fast foods and you so conveniently get fat/an MI/hypertension.Today wasn't too bad. I sort of like making my own breakfast. It's easy to whip up egg-white only scrambled eggs, slice fresh tomatoes and have some yogurt for brekkie. A snack will be a green apple and some milk. In between i'm supposed to sip through 1L of water.I usually add my daily high dose Vit C to it. Lunch will be veggies and a piece of fish. I may have tuna/salmon with a piece of whole wheat bread later. Do some weights, get on the bike.Dinner is something light.more veggies and fish. In fact,on this program you can have supper too but i'm usually happy with a yogurt and water before bed.At the end of the day, techinically i'm supposed to have walked 10,000 steps. My pedometer cost me RM61. That's pretty decent since i can walk anywhere throughout the day. If i don't do enough,i can just go for a walk around the block.I'm pretty psyched. Maybe i won't lose that much weight. What matters is that i'm eating healthily and getting fit.

No comments: