Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Spunkeymonkey learns why a non-techie should never mess with .itl files

After 2 frustrating days, numerous attempts and basically trying every single suggestion made available to me, i have to admit defeat. My playlists and extensively compiled mix-tapes are in some techno limbo/heaven and i have no clue how to recover any of them.

It is rather amusing and ironic that if i analyze the cause, it was mainly because i wanted to publish the playlists as an iMix. However, whenever i wanted to publish, it kept coming up as insufficient memory. So, i deleted everything, changed from my D: drive to I:external HDD drive that has 1TB worth of memory with >500GB of free space. That should be enough right?. Nope,same prob. So i repeat the process with incoming uploads also into the EHDD so that there will be more than enough operating memory in my laptop (freeing up 72GB of space in the D:drive itself). Still no success.

Luckily, artist dude (who has emailed a few times most helpfully) emailed a few links that led me to mac users forums. Sadly, after trying a few of the different suggestions and losing my playlists,i have to admit defeat.

Also, it has taught me that i really do have to spend a few hours sorting and organizing my music!. There's too much overlap and some albums have been broken up even though when i check their properties all the labels are correct. I guess i really do have to start dating someone with computer skills. I have massive skills, but IT savviness is not it!

No comments: