Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, June 28, 2010

Spunkeymonkey & online dating

Hmm,it has definitely changed a lot on online dating (see previous post). Most sound like booty calls. After not much success with bustpersonals.com (what can i say, all the guys i thought were hot 5 years ago are probably married now), i went on to yahoo.com. Hey, that's where i met my last guy. Selection=disastrous.

Admittedly, i am super picky now. No more losers who teach high-school and earn 70K a year yet insist on living like 1st generation refugees with no stable income. That bites. I did all that throughout university and that is not what i want. I'm not rich but i like the simple pleasures of life-actually having an en-suite bathroom when travelling, maybe a fan and maybe gosh-darn it, eat somewhere nice and try a new restaurant. Also, after 6 years of you CANNOT go and attend gigs, clubs, concerts and festivals ;i am going all out now.

So far this year has been stellar: Cat Power, Southbound with Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Grizzly Bear and Metallica, On the Bright Side, Angus and Julia Stone and Sarah Blasko coming up. Travelling to Ireland to catch Gorillaz and yes, i am willing to lose my job over that as i fucking do not care anymore. It's been bloody tiring being a good girl, good daughter, good girlfriend who puts up with excessive frugality, skid marks in the toilet and inability to flush said toilet and stinky feet. Enough.

So, i try Guardian Soulmates as one dude taunts me (i do not take well to taunts) saying there's no way that i am what i am if i can't afford to subscribe. So, i subscribe but this dude gets weirder. I block him, inform Guardian Soulmates and that's easy.

Then, there's this very fascinating, absolutely lovely guy who can actually string together 9-10 word sentences in wonderful long emails. He emails regularly, we met up in the UK a few times. Alas, the lustre of the pearl has diminished so now, i am lucky to get an email a week. No chemistry on his part, on my part i thought he was super awesome in the personality department.

A spaniard living in the UK mysteriously says, i am interested in history and Renaissance art. So i emailed back and said, look mate,i'm actually going to the exhibition.If you want to come email me and you can join me. He chickens out and doesn't. I have a bloody good time with art of Fra Angelico, Raphael, Leonardo and Titian at the British Museum where i am now a member. God, if i ever ever win a house with the RSL, i am selling it and living in England. The British Museum, the British Library, Tate Britain & Tate Modern-it was just too awesome.

I think i am going to reactivate my Guardian soulmates account. I was pretty miserable after falling (literally) down some stairs and injuring my back. I'm back at work, have decided i want to live in Perth the next 2 years unless of course i majorly luck out and get my Fellowship earlier. Upon which i will apply for a medical post on the Isle of Wight and fucking rock the festival every year and buy that house in Southern France or Turkey.

Right, Slovakia-despite your loss i salute you because you guys kick-ass. I am heading your way in exactly 6 months.

No comments: