Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

CLOSE MINDEDNESS

Um,i might have to cut short my trip. I had a terrible day. It started off okay,i got 3 hours of sleep.Woke up to like 4 msgs from my mum asking me to call my dad. So i called,he was very displeased about the trip and said i just shoved it down their trips.

So,i was trying to get some sleep before the night shift. They came home,banged on the door till i came out and i got a 2 hour lecture.

Basically, the gist of it is
1.ask permission first
2.i am an apostate since i don't bother asking their permission
3.i am selfish
4.am too westernized
5.i set a bad example
6.all my friends are morally lacking and do not follow the tenets of islam
7. he wishes me dead if he finds out i've brought shame-very comforting.(and you say i'm morbid.)

they are also very upset i chose such a dangerous place to go to. right.
i am allowed to go provided i cut short my trip. I negotiated from just one week till july 2nd. i've informed fazilah.haven't told hafiz yet.will do that tomorrow.

anyhow,it will be nice to go on holiday and forget about these terrible things. If i listen to them,i will end up hating myself. As it is,i kept my mouth shut since there's no point trying to get any point across to people who deeply believe what they say is true. I don't see why at all i have to ask permission. If that's westernized so be it.

apparently,the only time i don't have to ask Permission to go places is if i'm married. It seems their responsibility is over once i'm married. sigh.

the reason why this is all such a downer is because-we've all been through this before. can't we just agree to disagree. i do not believe at all in any of their views. if teh world's coming to a bloody end i'd like to see all those beautiful places before i die with people i love.it makes more sense to me.lol.

No comments: